TEMPORARY COVID 19 GUIDE TO CONSIGNING WITH US
Thank you for thinking of us during this time. Although our storefronts in Portland are closed, we are still accepting items to sell online!
- Sign up on our Appointment Calendar to pick a pre-set time or email us directly if you need to setup a time outside of our normal appointment window.
- If you're new to consigning with us, print & fill out our Consignment Contract to drop off with your bags. Visit our Favorites list to get an idea of what we're looking for.
- All items must be bagged. Please make sure all items are freshly washed, free of damage, excessive wear. No hangers please!
- Call when you park your car.
- We will put a bin outside for you to put your bags in.
- Knock on the door when you put them in the bin.
- We will quarantine these items for 1-2 weeks.
- We will email you with a price list for the items we took. You have the option to donate any unaccepted items or arrange a time to pick them up.
Interested in consigning with us?
Is your closet stocked with fabulous luxury and designer apparel that you no longer wear? Consign your clothing, handbags, shoes and accessories to earn cash or trade for something new. Giving things a new life in our store and your closet is a simple and effective practice in sustainability. We know there are plenty of people who care about the world as much as they care about their wardrobe, which is why resale is so important to us!
REVITALIZE YOUR ENTIRE WARDROBE
If you're local to Portland, feel free to drop off your items, we are open everyday 11-6.
Or email us for a personal appointment.
Or schedule a complimentary at-home pickup or closet consultation.
If you're not local, you can ship us your consignments for FREE! Just email us with your information and a brief list of the items you'd like to consign, and we can send you a consignor shipping kit.
Why consign with us?
- We have over ten years of experience selling designer clothing, shoes & accessories on e-Bay, plus a small team of experts in fashion and fashion merchandising.
- We will work to determine the best selling strategy for you. We offer consignment services in our online store and at our boutique in Portland, OR. Online, our established and trusted eBay seller ID has over 20 thousand visitors a month.
- In person, our attention to detail provides a fun and enjoyable shopping experience for our customers.
- Giving things a new life in our store and your closet is a simple and effective practice in sustainability. We know there are plenty of people who care about the world as much as they care about their wardrobe, which is why resale is so important to us.
Guidelines to help as you prepare your items for sale
We specialize in designer and luxury clothing, shoes, purses, and jewelry such as: Alexander Wang, Anthropologie, Adriano Goldschmied, Alice + Olivia, Burberry, Chloe, Current/Elliott, Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana, Frye, Ferragamo, Gucci, Icebreaker, Inhabit, Jimmy Choo, Kate Spade, Lululemon, Louis Vuitton, Marni, Missoni, Pendleton, Prairie Underground, Prada, Rag + Bone, Theory, Tom Ford, Velvet, Vince and so many more.
We also accept a limited number of mainstream brands such as: J. Crew, BCBG, etc.
We generally do not accept any items by the following designers: Forever 21, Banana Republic, Gap, Abercrombie, LOFT Ann Taylor, Jones New York, Polo, Coldwater Creek, Anne Klein, Liz Claiborne, Chico’s, etc.
We will double check everything when we receive the items, and will not sell or consign any items that are not in acceptable condition. Items that do not meet these requirements or go unsold will be returned at the consignors expense, or can be donated if you wish.
- New or gently worn designer brands
- Current styles that fit our niche market
- In immaculate condition (no rips, tears or stains)
- 100% Authentic & Genuine If you aren't sure if we take certain designers check out our favorite brands list or contact us for clarification.
Drop it off or ship it
Read through the Terms & Condition stated on the Consignment Contract and fill out the contract completely. We can not accept any consignments until it has been fully completed.
Send or bring in a copy and keep one for yourself so you’ll have a record of the items you’ve consigned. Be sure to include the designer or brand name, a brief description (jeans, skirt, etc). If you have an idea of how much you originally purchased the item for, list that on the Inventory Sheet as well, otherwise leave that section blank.
Drop it off: Via email or phone, schedule an appointment to bring in your consignment items, or feel free to drop off anytime during store hours. Bring your completed Consignment Contract. They can also be filled out in person.
Let us pick it up: Via email or phone, schedule an appointment for at-home pickup or closet consultation.
Ship it: Make a list of the items you would like to sell and email it to us. We will get back to you as soon as possible letting you know what you should ship. We'll also send you shipping instructions along with a pre-paid kit. That means absolutely no out-of-pocket cost for you! Read through the Terms & Condition stated on the Consignor Contract and fill it out completely. We can not accept any consignments until it has been fully completed. Include a copy of the completed Consignor Contract with your shipment & make sure items are packed up safe and secure. We will insure your shipment, but can not be held responsible for damage due to poor packing.
Once we receive your items we will go through and select the items we will believe will sell. We will email you with price-list and let you know if there are items we did not accept.
Items are consigned for a period of approximately 120 days. During the period, monthly price reductions occur. At the end of the consignment period, or if we decide that we will not accept any of your items to sell, you are responsible for picking them up or having them returned to you. Items can also be donated to a local charity and by request we can send you the receipt for the tax deduction.
Pricing & Commission
Prices are set by Modo Boutique unless otherwise requested.
How & When Will I get paid:
- Come in to use some or all as store credit (worth 10% more than other payout options)
- Email us to request a PayPal payment ($1 fee per transfer)
- Come in or email us to request a Paper Check ($1 fee per check issued)
*Store Credit can be used immediately after something sells. PayPal payments & checks can be issued anytime after our 14 day return period has passed. Your balance with us never expires!